Update (May 7, 2016): A newer version of the FrameShop script is now available for Photoshop CC 2015 and CS6. I highly recommend using the newer version if you are running either CC 2015 or CS6.
FrameShop is a script for Adobe Photoshop designed to give the photographer/artist a variety of mat and frame styles for displaying digital images on the Web. The initial version of the FrameShop script (v0.9) was described in detail in an earlier post on this blog. This new version (v0.9.5) runs on Photoshop CS5 and CS6, and has several new features:
- Colors are selected using the Adobe Color Picker rather than color presets
- Text positions are set by default to EXIF left, Title center and Signature right, all on the mat under the image
- GPS latitude, longitude and elevation have been added to the selectable EXIF text items
- Result can be saved as JPEG, TIFF, PSD, PNG or GIF
- Result can be saved with the same ICC profile as the original file or another profile
- Script runs on a duplicate of the original image and leaves the original image open after running
I have not tested the script with the Adobe Creative Cloud version of Photoshop (yet).
Update (September 9, 2013): The FrameShop script (v0.9.5) has been successfully tested with Adobe Photoshop CC.